This easy Karo Syrup Caramel Popcorn recipe came from a fellow viewer that had almost given up hope on finding this recipe. Thanks to Jennifer we all can make easy Caramel corn.
Caramel popcorn can be tricky to make, but you can use this super easy method. Corn syrup makes this recipe easier because you don’t have to make the caramel sauce which involves a lot of time and a candy thermometer. So you can enjoy caramel popcorn with ease.
Do you want an extra crunch in your caramel corn? It’s simple to do. Just add in mixed nuts.
This is what you need to make Karo Syrup Caramel Popcorn:
- Mixed Nuts (optional)
- Brown Sugar
- Karo Syrup
- Margarine (or butter)
- Baking Soda
How to Make Caramel Popcorn with Corn Syrup
All you have to do is make a simple caramel coating on the stovetop, toss coating over popcorn, bake, and then enjoy it!
Here are the recipe steps:
- Combine popcorn and nuts in a large shallow roasting pan.
- Place popcorn in the oven to warm at 250 degrees.
- Place brown sugar, corn syrup, margarine, and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan.
- Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat.
- Without stirring, boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour caramel over popcorn mixture, stirring to coat.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cool and break apart.
- Store tightly covered.
Love popcorn? Try these recipes:
- Cheetos Popcorn
- Crunch and Munch
- Curry Popcorn
- DIY Kettle Corn
- How to Make Popcorn in an Instant Pot
Favorite Snack Recipes
- Avocado Fries
- Cracker Mix
- Garlic Ranch Pretzels
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheel Recipe
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats with Chocolate
- Reese’s Snack Mix
- Taco Bell Cinnamon Bites
- White Trash Candy
Easy Karo Syrup Caramel Popcorn
- 3 quarts popcorn popped
- 3 cup unsalted mixed nuts (optional)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Karo light or dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
In a large shallow roasting pan combine popcorn and nuts. Place in a 250 degree oven while preparing glaze.
In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, add sugar, corn syrup, margarine, and salt.
Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat.
Without stirring, boil for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda.
Pour caramel over popcorn mixture, stirring to coat.
Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Cool, break apart, and store tightly covered.