Blue Cheese and Black Olive Stuffed Chicken Breast is a wonderful dish to make for dinner. You’ll enjoy tender chicken breasts stuffed with black olives, blue cheese, fresh basil, and sun-dried tomatoes.
38 chars — 6 wordsTitleBlack and Blue Stuffed Chicken Breasts 2,895 chars — 520 wordsBody
Chicken may not be the most exciting meal in the world, but it is a favorite go-to for many home cooks because it’s inexpensive, relatively healthy, and extremely flexible. If you are looking for an impressive recipe stuffed chicken breasts is the one you need to try. This recipe will help you increase your chicken game with the wow factor when diners cut in into their chicken breasts to reveal a delicious mixture of olives, blue cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil. Black and Blue Stuffed Chicken Breasts is low carb and keto-friendly to boot, so it is ideal for those on restrictive diets.
How to Stuff a Chicken Breast
Don’t be overly intimidated by the thought of making a stuffed chicken breast. While it may look fancy on the plate, anyone can do it. There are two ways to stuff a chicken breast. Both work, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
The first method is by cutting a slit in the chicken breast. Lay the chicken breast flat-side down on a cutting board. Use a sharp, thin knife, such as a filet knife, to slice a slit in the thickest part of the breast. The length of the slit should be about an inch long, and be sure to leave about half an inch on either side. You can use a finger to enlarge the cavity gently, but be sure not to tear the chicken. Evenly spread about two tablespoons of the cheese mixture inside and use a wooden toothpick to weave the slit closed.
The other way is a little messier but allows you to add a lot more cheese mixture and cooks much more evenly. Start by butterflying the chicken breast. You can do this by using a filet knife to slice the chicken’s side and open it like a book. Place the butterflied chicken into a large plastic self-sealing bag and use a kitchen mallet or rolling pin to pound the chicken into an even thickness. Avoid hitting too hard and tearing the chicken. Remove the pounded chicken from the bag and put about four tablespoons of filling on the bottom third of the chicken, and roll like a burrito. Use butcher’s string to tie the chicken into a little bundle securely. Remember to remove the string after cooking.
Tips for Preparing Easy Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Despite the name, this recipe uses regular chicken breasts. The name of the recipe comes from stuffing black olives and blue cheese, not from the type of chicken you use to prepare it.
- Bake in the oven. For those times when your stovetop is full, or you just don’t feel like dealing with sauteing, you can always cook this recipe in the oven. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place on chicken in a shallow baking dish and bake uncovered for 25 – 30 minutes, turning once.
- It’s better with bacon. Salty bacon balances the pungent blue cheese flavor. Try wrapping two uncooked bacon strips around the stuffed chicken breast before cooking. Secure the bacon with a toothpick or string.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Blue cheese
- Black olives
- Fresh basil
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Olive oil
How to Make Blue Cheese and Black Olive Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Cut a slit in the chicken breast and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Mix together blue cheese, olives, basil, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Stuff the blue cheese mixture into the chicken breasts, close the opening with a toothpick.
- Fry chicken on each side in olive oil until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Black and Blue Chicken is low carb and keto-friendly. Serve it with a green salad or your favorite low carb side dish for a delicious meal.
Popular Chicken Recipes
- Baja Grain Bowl
- Baked Chicken Quarters
- Chicken Limone
- Chicken Romano
- Hunan Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Pulled Chicken
- Longhorn Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Peruvian Chicken
- PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
- Shoyu Chicken
Favorite Low Carb Recipes
This recipe was submitted by Vernalissa, another viewer of the website.
Blue Cheese and Black Olive Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Cut a slit in the thickest part of the chicken breast. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Mix together blue cheese, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil.
Stuff the mixture into the chicken breasts then use a toothpick to hold the chicken together.
Fry on each side in olive oil until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 20 minutes.
The post Blue Cheese and Black Olive Stuffed Chicken Breast appeared first on CopyKat Recipes.