Banana Pudding Cookies are soft, chewy, and absolutely scrumptious. With all the banana flavor of a banana cream pie wrapped in a cookie.
Banana Pudding Cookies Recipe
I am a lover of all things banana cream. I simply love bananas! Just try these fan favorites like Banana Bread, Banoffee Pie, and Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding! So, I had to give these banana pudding cookies a try! The result was fantastic! These cookies have just the right amount of banana ratio and I loved the white chocolate chip chunks throughout. The white chocolate is like having real cream in the cookies. It is so scrumptious. Honestly, I couldn’t stop eating them.
Pudding is the secret ingredient here. It creates a cookie that is moist, tender, and absolutely heavenly. The banana cream pudding creates a rich banana flavor that doesn’t overpower the cookies. The banana pudding cookies are so easy and fun to make, my kids always love to jump in and help. It is a perfect activity for the whole family. Banana pudding cookies allow you to have that iconic flavor without all the work of making a pie. So go ahead make a couple of batches of these, you won’t regret it!
Pudding Cookies Ingredients
Simple and delicious banana pudding cookies! Make sure you buy the instant banana cream pudding not cook and serve pudding. Cooked pudding will not give the same impeccable results. You are going to love how moist and tender these banana pudding cookies are! For all ingredient measurements see the recipe card below.
- Unsalted butter softened: Butter soft and but not melted will create the perfect texture. Make sure your butter is not melted.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar adds moisture and flavor.
- Granulated sugar: White sugar creates the sweetness that makes these pudding cookies great.
- Banana cream instant pudding mix: Rmember to make sure you purchase instant pudding and not cooked.
- Eggs: Room tempertature eggs will mix in better than if they are cold.
- Vanilla extract: Compliments the banana flavor by mellowing it just a bit.
- Flour: All purpose flour give the cookies structure.
- Baking soda: This will help the cookies rise.
- Salt: Salt balances the sweetness.
- White chocolate chips: There is something magical that happens with the creamy sweet white chocolate and bananas.
How To Make Banana Cookies with Pudding
These banana pudding cookies cook up just like regular cookies. They are fast and easy! You are going to love how fun these are to make. Make these banana pudding cookies with your family!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat and set aside.
- Mixing Up the Batter: Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Baking: Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges and set. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Tips For the Best Banana Cream Cookies
It is so easy to make these banana pudding cookies that you will want to make them all the time. The texture of the cookies will keep you coming back for more. Make a double batch so you have enough.
- Pudding: Do not mix up the pudding before adding it to the mix. the pudding will go in dry. Make sure you use instant pudding, not cook and serve. It has more cornstarch in it and will change the consistency and texture of the cookies.
- Mix: These cookies will mix perfectly in a kitchen aid, with a hand mixer or even by hand. Just make sure that you do not overmix the cookies.
- Line: To make the banana pudding cookies cook evenly and come off your pan, line the cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Scoop: Use a cookie scoop to ensure cookies that are uniform and bake evenly.
Variations of Easy Pudding Cookies
Once you start making cookies with pudding you may not go back to regular cookies. These banana pudding cookies can be customized to your liking and changed up to lots of different flavors. Let the experimenting begin!
- Add-ins: White chocolate chips are a perfect combination with the banana flavor. But you can subsititue out the wite for semi-sweet chocolate or even peanut butter chips.
- Crunch: For a bit more texture to your cookies, add in chopped walnuts, pecans or peanuts. Crushed Nilla Wafers or graham crackers would also make a delicious addition.
- Pudding: You do not have to use banana pudding, but these will not be banana cream cookies anymore. But try vanilla, chocolate, and butterscotch for a new variation of cookie.
How to Store Pudding Cookies
Make an extra batch of these cookies and freeze them for later. Once the banana cookies have completely cooled, place them in a freezer-safe bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. Extra cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks at room temperature.
Banana cream pudding cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3.4 ounce package banana cream instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges and set. Remove cookies from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Originally Posted on April 17, 2013