Air Fryer Salmon Almondine is a delicious seafood dish you can make in less than 20 minutes. Perfect for a healthy dinner, lent, and Fish Friday.
Are you looking for a fish recipe that you can cook on a hectic weeknight but is still impressive enough to serve guests? Then you’ll want to check out this air fryer salmon recipe. Salmon Almondine combines rich lemon-butter sauce with the slight bitterness of slivered almonds delivering an excellent counterpart to the natural fattiness of salmon. Whether seafood is a regular part of your home cooking routine, or you never cook fish, you will want to make this recipe again once you try Air Fryer Salmon Almondine.
Air Fryer Fish Perfection
Many less experienced cooks are a little intimidated when cooking fish, let alone an expensive fish like salmon, at home. Don’t worry! Using an air fryer to cook fish is pretty much foolproof, and as long as you remember a few things, you’ll end up with restaurant-quality results.
The essential requirement to ensuring success is buying the proper cut of fish. Make things as simple for you as possible by selecting pre-portioned salmon pieces around 4-5 ounces and the same thickness. You may be able to save a little money by buying an entire side of salmon, but you’ll undoubtedly need to trim it to fit in your air fryer.
Once you are ready to start cooking, preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat setting, set the timer for 5 minutes. To reduce clean-up, you can line the basket with tin foil. While the oven is preheating, dab the salmon dry using a paper towel and sprinkle generously with lemon pepper seasoning.
Once the air fryer preheats, spray the basket or tin foil with oil and place the salmon fillets in the basket so they don’t touch. If you are making air fryer salmon with skin, put the fillets skin-side down.
Set the timer for 12 minutes. There is no need to flip the salmon midway through the cooking time and try to resist the urge to check on them. While the salmon is cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter stops foaming, add the slivered almonds and cook until the butter starts to brown. Remove from the heat.
Once the timer goes off, check the salmon. The salmon should appear pale pink throughout with an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees. Air fryer salmon frozen at the start of the cooking process may need a little more time to cook.
Mix the lemon juice and butter mixture and pour on the salmon. Garnish with sliced green onions.
Tips for Making, Storing, and Reheating Air Fryer Salmon
- Look for pin bones. These tiny bones are easy to miss, and although most sell deboned salmon, it is worth checking. To check for pin bones, lay the fillet skin-side down and gently run your fingers from one end to the other. If you feel a bone, remove it with fish tweezers.
- Choose the best salmon you can afford. Even less expensive salmon isn’t cheap, so choose the best salmon you can afford. That means buy the wild salmon if you can. Farmed salmon costs less, but it delivers a lot less when it comes to flavor.
- Serve with your favorite side dish. Less seasoned sides such as grilled asparagus, blanched string beans, or wild rice make good choices.
- Keep cooked salmon covered in the fridge for up to two days. Reheat in the air fryer at 320 degrees for 3 minutes.
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Sliced almonds
- Lemon juice
- Green onions, optional
How to Cook Salmon Almondine in an Air Fryer
- Pat the salmon dry and season it with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Place the salmon in the air fryer.
- Cook for 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not flip the salmon at the halfway point.
- While the fish is cooking, place the butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the almonds and cook them until golden brown.
- Remove the salmon from the air fryer and drizzle lemon juice on top.
- Sprinkle the browned almonds and green onions on top.
This salmon with almonds dish is a twist to the classic Trout Almondine. You can use any of these fish to make this recipe:
You can even make it with chicken. You may need to adjust the cooking time to make sure the chicken is done (internal temperature is 165 degrees).
Love salmon and seafood? Try these recipes!
- Baked Salmon Filet
- Baked Scallops
- Battered Shrimp
- Coconut Fried Shrimp
- Fried Fish Batter
- Maryland Crab Cakes
- Poached Fish
- Salmon with Cream Sauce
- Seafood Bake
Popular Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Salmon Almondine
- 4 pieces salmon or 1 pound slab
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions optional
Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
Pat dry your salmon and season it with lemon pepper seasoning.
Place the salmon in the air fryer, making sure to not overcrowd it.
Cook for 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not flip the salmon at the halfway point.
While the fish is cooking, place the butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
Add in the almonds and allow them to cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Remove the salmon from the air fryer and drizzle with the lemon juice.
Sprinkle the browned almonds and green onions on top and enjoy.