Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini Chips are crunchy, savory bites of heaven! This is hands down one of the best ways to eat zucchini!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Zucchini is one of my all time favorite vegetables. It is so versatile and easy to use. There are just so many different ways to cook with it. Like Lasagna, chocolate or blueberry lemon bread and even pizza crust. Zucchini is just so good, but when I just want some fried zucchini the air fryer gives me a quick healthier option. These parmesan air fryer zucchini chips are just so crispy and full of flavor without all the extra fat.
The air fryer cooks food similar to the way a convection oven works. It circulates hot air to cook, bake, and fry your favorite foods to absolute perfection. The zucchini chips are no exception. They are perfectly seasoned and breaded and the air fryer crisps the outsides while keeping the insides delicately tender. These air fryer zucchini chips will be the perfect addition to any meal or serve as a tasty snack or appetizer.
Ingredients for Parmesan Zucchini Chips
Quick and easy these air fryer parmesan zucchini chips take simple ingredients and minimal oil. If you are not growing your own zucchini, look for firm, dark bright green zucchini that is uniform in size. Air frying makes them insanely delicious!
- Zucchini: I used 2 medium sized zucchini
- Salt and Pepper: Just to taste
- Flour: All purpose flour is what I used here.
- Eggs: You’ll need 3 large eggs
- Panko: I prefer the texture of panko to bread crumbs for these air fryer chips.
- Parmesan cheese: Use finely grated parmesan for best results.
- Italian Seasoning: Adds flavoring and a bit of color.
Let’s Make Crispy Zucchini Chips in an Air Fryer
These are extremely easy. If you want to keep your fingers clean use tongs to dredge the zucchini in the flour and a fork for the egg mixture, and a spoon for the bread crumbs. It is a bit of a process, but so worth it!
- Season: Salt and pepper the sliced zucchini.
- 3 Bowls: Put the flour in a small bowl. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl, and combine the Panko, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning in another small bowl.
- Dredge: Dip the zucchini in the flour, then the egg, then lastly in the Panko mixture.
- Fry: Add the zucchini in an even layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, flip, and spray with olive oil. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until done.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Whether you grow your own, are the recipient of your neighbors garden or buy it at the store, you are going to want to keep a bunch of these around especially for this air fryer recipe. It’s just that delicious!
- Slices: Keep your slices as even as possible, for even baking. The thinner you slice your zucchini the crispier it will be all over.
- Size: Zucchini comes in all sizes, especially home grown. If your zucchini is large increase the cooking time by 2-3 minutes to make sure it gets cooked through. Check it often and adjust accordingly. If you like a bit thicker slice you’ll also need to increase the time.
- Don’t overcrowd: You will need to cook these in batches, you do not want to overlap the parmesan zucchini chips. They will not crisp up evenly
- Pat Dry: After you season the zucchini with salt and pepper, let them sit for a minute or two and then pat them dry with a paper towel. The salt will draw out moisture in the zucchini, and you don’t want it to be soggy.
- Parmesan: The grated parmesan worked better for adhering to the zucchini than the shredded.
- Separate: If I am doing lots of batches I divide the flour and panko mixture in half. Once the bowl I’m using gets clumpy I’ll add in the fresh flour and panko mixture to their bowls. This helps keep the coating even throughout the air fryer zucchini chips.
Variations, Sauces and Storing Zucchini Chips
These air fryer zucchini chips are so good you’re going to want to make them over and over again. The wonderful thing is they are customizable and you can change it up if you’d like to.
- Spices: There are different spices you can use for the air fried parmesan chips. Make them spicy with a taco seasoning, or add some ranch dressing mix to give them a bit of zip. Mix in chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder for a nice bit of kick. You can use your imagination when it comes to the spices.
- Sauces: Air fryer parmesan zucchini chips were made to dip. Although they are extremely good on their own, a good sauce never hurts. Try fry sauce, yum yum sauce, ranch dressing, or marinara sauce.
- Leftovers: These are best eaten right after they are made. If you do have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge. When ready to eat reheat in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes to crisp them up again.
More Air Fryer Vegetables
We all know we should eat more vegetables. And it can be hard sometimes to get enough, but air frying your vegetables changes everything. Now instead of persuading and begging your kids to eat their vegetables, they’ll be asking you to make these air fryer recipes. This is going to make meal time so much better.
- Air Fryer Roasted Garlic Broccoli
- Amazing Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Crispy Air Fryer Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
- Homemade Air Fryer French Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Baked Potatoes in Less than an Hour
Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini Chips
- 2 medium sized zucchini sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Panko
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper the sliced zucchini. Put the flour in a small bowl. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl, and combine the Panko, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning in another small bowl.
Dip the zucchini in the flour, then the egg, then lastly in the Panko mixture.
Add the zucchini in an even layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, flip, and spray with olive oil. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until done.