Air Fryer Broccoli is a healthy side dish to make any day of the week. Fresh broccoli is seasoned then air fried until crispy.
Air fried broccoli is dairy-free, low carb, keto-friendly, and vegan too!
Broccoli isn’t everyone’s favorite vegetable, but that may have a lot to do with how most people cook it. After all, it is tough to fall in love with any steamed or boiled veggies, let alone one that has such a poor reputation. But if you want to change your perception of broccoli instantly, you only need to do one thing; fry it. Frying broccoli gives it an irresistible crispness and flavor that even kids will gobble up. The only downside to deep-fat frying broccoli is that it isn’t the healthiest option. But you can get the same crunchy goodness without all the fat and calories by using an air fryer.
Air fryers have become the must-have kitchen appliance over the last few years. They allow cooks to get similar results as traditional frying while using just a tablespoon or two of oil, transforming once special occasional-only dishes, like Air Fryer Broccoli, into everyday favorites. This Air Fryer Broccoli recipe is a snap to make, bursting with flavor, and is low-carb and keto diet friendly to boot.
Preparing Broccoli For Air Frying
To get the crispiest results from this Air Fryer Broccoli recipe, you need to cut the broccoli into uniformed pieces that are small enough to cook through without steaming.
- First, remove any remaining leaves from the head of the broccoli, and then place it on a cutting board with the stem pointing up. Use a sharp knife to cut in a circle around the central stalk to free all the florets.
- Trim the florets to about two inches long.
- Leave small florets whole, halve medium-sized ones, and quarter larger ones.
- Rinse the cut broccoli and dry well.
- Toss with the seasoned, shake excess oil off gently, and put in the air fryer’s basket in a single layer.
Broccoli in Air Fryer Options
You have many options when you’re making seasoning your broccoli. Feel free to change up the spices to match the main course or your personal preferences. Here are a few seasoning suggestions, but try experimenting to find different air fryer broccoli recipes that you like.
- Broccoli with balsamic vinegar is perfect for any rich entrée that may need a bit of tartness for balance. Remove the onion and garlic powder along with the red pepper flakes from the recipe below. Add two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar to the oil along with the salt and pepper.
- Parmesan cheese crisps up nicely in an air fryer and offers a lovely flavor. Eliminate the onion powder and salt from the recipe and substitute a tablespoon of parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on more cheese when you serve.
- Soy sauce gives broccoli in an air fryer an Asian flair. Substitute a tablespoon of soy sauce for the salt, pepper, and onion powder in the recipe. Serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
Tips for Making and Storing Air Fryer Broccoli
- Give them space. The florets should not overlap, and they need enough space between them to prevent them from steaming.
- Serve immediately. No one likes cold broccoli, so plan your cooking time appropriately. If you have to make broccoli in advance, keep it warm in the oven.
- Don’t use frozen broccoli. It won’t get crispy.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to two days. Reheat in the air fryer until crispy.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Broccoli florets
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
How to Cook Broccoli in an Air Fryer
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil and spices.
- Place the broccoli florets in the bowl and toss to coat with the oil-spices mixture.
- Place the seasoned broccoli in the air fryer basket.
- Cook the broccoli for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Flip or shake the broccoli half-way through cooking.
- Serve immediately.
Popular Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Homemade Croutons
- Sweet and Spicy Wings
Favorite Low Carb Recipes
- Chipotle Pork Shoulder
- Homemade Cabbage
- How to Make Starbucks Egg White Bites
- Keto Baked Pork Chops
- Keto Twice Baked Cauliflower
- Steamed String Beans
- Turkey Legs
Air Fryer Broccoli
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil and spices.
Cook the broccoli for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Flip or shake the broccoli half-way through cooking.
Remove broccoli from the air fryer and serve.