Air frying Brats is the best way to get a perfectly cooked brat and super easy! The best part about these is you can have them year-round with an Air Fryer!
Air Fryer Brat Recipe
Cooking brats in the air fryer is going to change everything! No more do you have to sit over a hot grill in the summer heat. No longer do you have to worry about grease splatters all over the kitchen from cooking them in a pan on the stove. And no more are you limited to having them only during the grilling season. With an air fryer, you can have it all year long, keep the mess contained, and save yourself from the heat. It’s a total win, win!
These brats are perfectly cooked, with a good bite on the outside and juicy on the inside. These are so easy and so fast, you can have dinner on the table in no time. Pair it with some summer corn salad, a potato salad, and fruit pizza for dessert for a fun light, and luscious satisfying dinner. These will be perfect for a busy weekday or a lazy weekend. You have to try this recipe!
Only Two Ingredient Brats
- Olive oil spray: Stay away from aerosal based spray as it can gum up your air fryer.
- Uncooked brats: Pick your favorite kind of brats or use a variety.
How to Make Brats using an Air Fryer
- Prep: Spray the bottom of the air fryer with olive oil spray. Lay the brats evenly in the basket with space in between.
- Air Fry: Cook at 360 degrees for 12-15 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Rest and Enjoy: Carefully remove the brats from the basket and let them rest for 5 minutes.
Tips For the Best Air Fryer Brats
Savory, juicy and perfectly tender these brats are an easy dinner in no time.
- Air Fryer: Brats are a high fat food so make sure your drip tray is clean before cooking. This will help preven your air fryer from smoking. By making sure my drip tray is clean I have not had this problem.
- Bake Time: Every air fryer is different make sure you check your cook time against your manual.
- Internal Temperature: Make sure your brats are cooked till the internal temperature is 160 degrees.
- Let it Rest: Letting the brats rest ensures that juices reabsorb into the brat.
- Store: Keep cooked air fryer brats in the fridge tightly covered for up to 4 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes.
Different Ways to Use Your Brats
A classic way to serve your brats is on a bun with sharp mustard and sauerkraut, but you can use these brats in a variety of ways.
- Peppers and Onions: A classic recipe, slice and saute peppers and onions and toss with sliced brats or leave them whole.
- Pasta: Serve over your favorite noodles, add a sauce such as alfredo or even marinara.
- Rice: Use white or brown rice and add your favorite vegetables for a quick light meal.
- Roasted Vegtables: Slice the brats and mix with stir fried vegtables for a high protein and low carb dinner.
- Toppings for Brats: Topping your brats in a bun has endless options. Try coleslaw, jalapenos, chilli, cheese and pickles.
Air Fryer Brats
- olive oil spray
- 4 uncooked brats
Spray the bottom of the air fryer with olive oil spray. Lay the brats evenly in the basket with space in between.
Cook at 360 degrees for 12-15 minutes flipping halfway through.
Carefully remove the brats from the basket and let them rest for 5 minutes.